Now hiring – media buyer
This position is responsible for working closely with the sales department and advertising staff in processing advertising orders, estimates and scheduling information. This position will have national industry contacts and an aggressive sales-like attitude to buy media for print, online and digital. Responsible for being self-motivated, working independently, and well under conflicting deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generating newspaper cost estimates and orders for print, online, networks and programmatic digital
- Coordinating with newspapers, other printed publications and media vendors throughout the United States and Canada in obtaining rate and general information for advertisers
- Serving as an information outlet to Outside and Inside Account Executives in securing publication information to match advertiser needs
- Coordinating, maintaining daily space, material and request deadlines
- Using analytical skills in researching and reviewing information provided by newspapers and media vendors to ensure accuracy of applicable pricing and details
- Serving as the liaison to in-house advertising accounts and vendors
- Deliver advertising ad copy weekly to member publications in Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin.
- Tearsheet daily/weekly for network and display advertising
- Update content management site with advertising copy
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 1 to 2 years of college or equivalent experience in advertising/marketing required
- 2 to 3 years of customer service experience required
- Experience analyzing complex data, market research, and formulating actionable plans preferred
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines; detail-oriented
- Must have ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
- High comfort level for math and excel spreadsheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to CNA Sales and Marketing Director, Kris Maggard at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2022.