Benefits of Membership
The INA’s goal is to provide members the right tools to succeed now and for many years into the future.
It does this by advocating for newspapers in the following areas:
• Advertising representation
• Annual increases in legal rates after 20-year rate freeze
• Lobbying to keep public notice system intact
• Lobbying to prevent circulation and advertising taxes
• Lobbying on Freedom of Information matters
• Workshops and educational events
• Annual Better Newspaper Contests to encourage excellence, enhance community recognition and motivate staff
• Industry information (Bulletin, Forward, etc.)
• Foundation’s focus on future of industry (literacy, ethics, FOI, ICMA, etc.)
• Representation of newspaper industry to society at large
In addition, INA members are eligible to take advantage of several money-saving options:
INA members who subscribe to the Legal Hotline have access to competent, timely, low-cost advice from Hotline attorneys who have knowledge of laws affecting all phases of the newspaper business. Rates are based on circulation, with discounts offered for multiple papers in the same newspaper group.
I.C. System Debt Collection
Working with I.C. System to collect money owed them can help newspapers lower their internal collection costs, reduce administrative workload and improve the effectiveness of their business office.
EBS/Holmes Murphy health insurance
EBS offers members a full range of employee benefit solutions tailored to each member’s specific needs, including group health, group life, short and long term disability, dental plans, vision plans and more. As part of one of the nation’s largest independently owned insurance brokers, EBS is able to offer more solutions than many other companies.
Walterry Insurance (libel insurance)
Because newspapers are vital to the communities in which they provide coverage, libel insurance ensures the uninterrupted flow of news to the loyal readers who depend on their newspaper. Walterry makes sure its offered insurance plan adequately addresses the size, scope and special coverage needs of each newspaper. All of Walterry’s policies are available directly or through local agents.
For more information on any of these services and benefits contact the INA at 515-244-2145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on becoming a member of the Iowa Newspaper Association, click here.